Sunday, March 16, 2014

LOOK Farmacity


Farmacity is a pharmacy chain in Buenos Aires, and also a great example of word-play. I originally thought it was a pharmacy chain throughout the country, but after doing a little research it appears to only be in Buenos Aires. If I start spelling pharmacy with an "f' instead of a "ph" midway through this post just ignore it. In fact, I've already made the mistake 2-3 times in this post and corrected myself. These things happen when you live the bi-lingual lifestyle....your native language skills worsen and  your foreign language skills don't seem to get any better (Haha, just kidding, but sometimes I do feel that way).

Anywho, Farmacity is the Argentine equivalent of your CVS, Walgreens or Duane Reade. You know, the kind of pharmacies that make life worth living. My favorite part of the pharmacy is the skincare & beauty section. Are you surprised? While I'm used to the expansive beauty collections of the pharmacies in the US, Farmacity tends to have the best beauty selection of the pharmacies here, but it could still be better.

Well, I was walking Agatha the other night and decided to take a different walking route than usual. We always tend to walk the dogs in the same direction, but this day I decided to go in the opposite direction. I hadn't been around this part of the block in while, and noticed a new store on the corner: LOOK Farmacity, a Farmacity store dedicated completely to makeup. FINALLY. This is what I have been waiting for! The store is black & white, shiny & bright. It reminded me of a smaller version of Sephora, but with drugstore brands. I'll take it. So I made a mental note and returned the next day despite the fact that it was pouring rain. The things you do for makeup.

Apparently the store had just opened last week, which meant that people hadn't had time to pick over everything yet. I felt like I was the first person to buy something, and that felt great.


I found everything I was hoping to find, and am planning on returning (yet again) on Monday because I have a 2x1 coupon in nail polishes which I cannot pass up.

Here's what I walked away with:



First up, we have the L'oreal Paris Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer. I've really been wanting to try using primer recently and this one seemed intriguing. It had been on my beauty wish list for a while now, so I was really happy when I saw it at the store.  I'll let you know if it gives me that ethereal glow.


Next, we have the L'oreal Paris Nude Magique BB Cream. I had never heard of/seen this before. I really had no intentions of buying BB cream, since I already have a CC cream at home, and thought thought I had myself covered. But, when I saw that this was 5 in 1 and read it's grand promises, I knew I had to give it a try. I have yet to use it on my face, but I did test out some on the back of my hand. What's interesting about this BB cream is that it is very liquidy and when you first squirt it out of the tube it's white, and only when you rub it into your skin does it take on a beige color. I thought that was pretty cool. Anyway, I'll be putting that to the test maƱana.


Here we have the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer. Lately I've been feeling like the concealer I've been using hasn't been getting the job done. Originally when I bought it I loved it, but now I find that it looks cakey & dry on my skin, and doesn't really cover up my dark circles. I'm intrigued by the illuminating benefits of this concealer and am also hoping it will work better on my skin since it is a liquid consistency. I bought this in the color Nude.


And finally, we have this gorgeous lipstick. I wasn't even planning on buying a lipstick, but I saw this color and couldn't resist. It's been a while since I've bought a dark lipstick. I've always enjoyed dark lip colors and actually think they suite my skin tone better than nudes or light colors, but for some reason I just haven't bought them in a while. Maybe they are just too dramatic for my lifestyle, but whatever, I WILL find an occasion for this one. Just like I found an occasion for my black Urban Decay lipstick.


I didn't test out the color until I got home and I was VERY pleasantly surprised with the pigmentation. I barely swiped it across the back of my hand and the color pay-off was so rich & amazing! Seems like great quality for a drugstore buy and also seems like it will be quite moisturizing for my forever-dry lips! The color I got was #380 Dark Night Waterl-oops! from Rimmel London's Moisture Renew collection.


And the best part of it all? LOOK Farmacity is just two blocks from my house!


So, do any of these products catch your eye?

If you live in Argentina, you can find all of these goodies & more at LOOK Farmacity.

If you live in the US, here's a list for your shopping convenience:
L'oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer
L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick
(couldn't find the color I bought, but there are a bunch of other pretty ones)

Note: As I was putting together this list, I noticed that the names & packaging are different in the US. Interesting.



I'll review this shortly once I have a good idea of how they each perform.

Happy Sunday! Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)