Thursday, March 27, 2014

Recipe :: Banana-Plum Smoothie


Ever since we bought a blender (last Sunday), I have been making smoothies for breakfast every morning! I'm hooked, and honestly can't believe I lived so long without a blender in my life. I've been trying out different combinations, and my favorite so far is a banana-plum smoothie.

I had never thought of adding plum to a smoothie, but since berries are currently not in season here, I had to work with what the verduleria (vegetable shop) had.

Simple. Delicious. Filling. PERFECT.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Banana-Plum Smoothie
Servings: 1-2

What you'll need:
- 1 banana
- 1 plum (preferably ripe)
- 4-5 ounces vanilla yogurt (this turns out to be about 2/3 of the container of yogurt, in my case)
- splash of low-fat milk
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 heaping spoonful of crushed chia

Throw everything into a blender, and within moments you have your fresh & fruity breakfast!





PS:
The glass I'm using is one of my repurposed candle jars. Quite a few glasses in our collection have come from old candles, actually. I just love how clean, simple & classic they look! To learn how to clean out your old candle jars, scroll to the bottom of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)