Friday, March 28, 2014

The drive up to the Grand Canyon...

When Tomas and I were back in the States over the holidays, we went back & forth over whether we would visit the Grand Canyon or not. We weren't sure if we could realistically fit it into our tight schedule on such a short visit. In the end, my dad volunteered to drive, and the four of us headed up to the GC early on a Sunday morning and returned that evening. The drive was only 4 hours. For some reason I thought it was going to be longer, but I was glad it was closer than I thought. What was amazing was how much the scenery changed in a 4-hour car ride: deserts, pine trees, mountains, plains, back to pine trees again, and then...THE GRAND CANYON.

Here you'll find photos from the first part of our trip: The Drive Up


























3 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful photos! I'd love to visit the grand canyon one day!
    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was honestly breathtaking! Stay tuned for photos of the canyon coming up later this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We stayed in Valle! Not at that inn, but still! It's neat seeing the same spots we were just at! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)