Friday, September 26, 2014

A Day in NYC

Last week I went into NYC for approximately 24 hours for an early birthday celebration with my birthday twin and friend from college, Quincy and then headed over to Brooklyn to spend some Q.T. with my brother, Gregory and his girlfriend, Carolyn.

When I got into NYC on Wednesday afternoon, Carolyn treated me to a special manicure at Primp & Polish for my bday! I've admired Carolyn's nails ever since I've known her (When it comes to all things beauty, she's your gal. And, she just recently started her own beauty blog, Beauty Queen Routine!) and the secret to her fabulously manicured nails is that she gets them done at Primp & Polish! They do these amazing, intricately designed gel polish manicures (see all the amazingness here) that are to die for. I brought in a photo of Cheetah face these nails I found on Pinterest, and the nail artist did a great job recreating it! I'm so happy I got the chance to go, and a week later I am still here gazing at my cute nails...



On Wednesday evening, I headed back into Manhattan for the birthday dinner with my friends! (Thank you girls for that special treat!)Unfortunately, I arrived late because I had no idea how long it would take me to get from Brooklyn to Manhattan, and arriving in a bit of a fluster, I forgot to take photos at dinner!  I did manage to snap these shots after dinner on my way home...


It must be pretty awesome to get to see this view everyday....


Looking up, admiring the Empire State Building...it never gets old.


The next morning I spent chilling in Brooklyn, hanging out with my new BFF (Best Feline Friend), Simon.  Now Tomas is never going to hear the end of it, about how I think we should add a cat to our family (haha). Maybe in a few years...









Cat photo overload? Maybe, but I just couldn't get enough of him. ;-)

After spending the morning with Simon, I met up with my brother for lunch. We went to The Breslin gastropub at the Ace Hotel. Really cool restaurant with some pretty amazing fish & chips. I also had a pretty delicious drink called the "little jumbo ginger brew", which I would drink every day if I could! Sorry there's no photos.... I always feel pretty awkward taking photos of restaurant food & decor.

Afterwards, I walked downtown to Union Square and then took the subway back to Brooklyn to do a little shopping!



Passed an empanada truck! Always cool to see Argentine influences in the US. :-)







NYC in the distance...




Finally, I finished the day with a lovely dinner at Alta with Gregory & Carolyn!


Thanks for a wonderful time, guys!
And, while I could never live in NYC, I always thoroughly enjoy my visits. :-D

18 comments:

  1. Your nails look awesome!!! That is so cool. & Simon is ADORABLE. I didn't mind all of the pictures. :) Loved your photos of the city. Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina! I wish I had a nail place like that here! Although, I'm sure it would turn into a very expensive habit haha
      Thanks for the birthday wishes! :-)

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday!! :) Nice written, love the pics, love your nails! Adorable cat..so cute..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sanja!!! Glad you liked it! I wish I had taken more photos, though!

      Delete
  3. aaaaw♥ Simon is so cute!:) and I love the nail art!

    www.Lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's the sweetest! And as for the nail art, I'm so obsessed with it! Also so happy that it is still on my nails two weeks later!

      Delete
  4. Amazing photos, beautiful kitty and those nails are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all, your nails are amazing. second, your 24 hour trip to NYC sounds like a blast and the perfect amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was a great little trip---enough time catch up with family & friends, eat at a few delicious restaurants, do a little shopping, and get that amazing manicure!

      Delete
  6. Great pictures........love the nails...........love the Brooklyn tips..........love Simon. Should I start collecting cat paraphernalia to send to Argentina? Aunt Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Annie! And I would give it a few years before I become a crazy cat lady....now I'm just a crazy dog lady haha

      Delete
  7. did you plan the outfit to match your nails?

    i already know the answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I didn't...or maybe I did it subconsciously, but I know how it must look....cheetah nails, leopard dress, holding a cat in my lap....and I'm only 27.

      Delete
  8. Ahh NYC! How fun! I haven't been since I was in college. I need to get back there! :) Also, your nails are so fun! They did a great job. And Simon looks like he's ready to come home with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to go into NYC quite a bit when I lived in New Jersey, but now that I live in Argentina, I only go a couple of times a year----many of my friends and my brother live in NYC, so I always look forward to my visits there! And believe, if I could have taken Simon home with me, I would have!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)