Sunday, September 7, 2014

Celebrating Dad's Birthday @ D.O.C. Wine Bar


Hello, happy Sunday, and sorry for my absence over the past week! I've had a crazy past few days! I flew out of Buenos Aires on Wednesday night, arrived back on US soil on Thursday afternoon, decompressed for a couple hours and then headed into NYC with my parents that evening to meet my brother and his girlfriend to celebrate my Dad's birthday! We went to D.O.C. Wine Bar in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and everything was delicious! We shared lots of small plates, then each got an an entree, and then basically ordered all of the desserts off of the menu. I think our server was shocked at how much we ordered...... and I'm pretty sure we finished everything!



Mom, Dad, Gregory & Carolyn!

Pistacchio Crostini (Sicilian pistachio pesto w/ mascarpone) & Caprese Insalate 

Casu Arrosto (typical Sardinian flatbread covered in melted Sardinian sheep milk cheese)
 &  Olive in Vasino (Italian olives marinated w/ herbs)


Spiedini di Cappesante e Gamberi
(Scallop and shrimp skewers wrapped in prosciutto over a green bean & spinach salad)

Me and Carolyn after dinner :-)

Bye, bye D.O.C. Wine Bar...
Hope to see you again soon!

10 comments:

  1. looks like fun!
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so happy and everything seems to be delicious! It's hard when the family is so far away, I'm lucky because for me it's just two hours flight but nevertheless I miss my family a lot...Do you go home often?
    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment, Sarah! It was so good to be reunited again! I go back to the United States 1-2 times a year, so I really cherish my visits! xx

      Delete
  3. Everything just feels so good and warm! Lots of happiness around. Wonderful post. I loved the emotions. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very cozy restaurant with amazing food (I would highly recommend it), and it was great to have (almost) the whole family together for my dad's birthday! Overall, wonderful night! xx

      Delete
  4. The atmosphere in the restaurant looks so comforting. It's always nice to have meals with your family. Looks like a good time!

    - Christina www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a perfect evening! And the restaurant was so comfy & cozy, it felt like we were eating at home!

      Delete
  5. Welcome back to the States! Hope you are having a GREAT time and eating lots of fabulous food! Looks like you had a great start! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rach!! I had a pretty busy & very fun couple of weeks back in the States. I'm heading back to BA very soon, but I still have some more pics to come! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)