Thursday, May 14, 2015

Chunky Knit...


Is it a sweater? Is it a tunic? Is it poncho? Is it a cape? You be the judge since I'm not exactly sure!
My brother bought me this years ago, and while I always knew it was a super cool piece, I NEVER wore it until now! He must be a visionary because he bought me this sweater-tunic-poncho hybrid at least seven or eight years ago, and now we are seeing the blanket-cape trend all over (well, it seems to be struggling to find a place to fit in Argentina...I've only seen a few girls wearing blanket-capes around Buenos Aires...So, more power to them!)


It was a chilly & humid day in Buenos Aires, and I wanted something cozy and chic to walk around town in. This afternoon out was full of walking and food research so being comfortable was key. But being comfortable doesn't mean you have to look sloppy! Tomas also convinced me to wear my sunglasses he bought me as a gift when we were in States over the holidays. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned my feelings about sunglasses here, but I don't wear them. When I wear sunglasses I feel like I can't see anything and I just feel weird walking around with them on my face. I do, however, like the way they look, and know that it's pretty necessary that I wear them since I am ALWAYS squinting outside (and I have the wrinkles to prove it!). So, I took his suggestion and sported sunglasses for the day.


Since we were walking through the microcentro that afternoon, I didn't even know if it would be possible to find a quiet spot to take some photos until we stumbled upon this side street. When you find tranquility in the middle of chaos, you always appreciate it more.





Wearing:
Sweater/Tunic: Nirvanna (similar here)
Shirt: Pimkie
Bag: Street Level via Gypsy Warrior (similar here)
Boots: Dr. Martens (Style: Dharma; Color: Black; Material: Greenland)
Sunglasses: Dolce & Gabbana (available here, or in red here)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I mentioned earlier, it was an afternoon full of walking and full of eating. Two donuts, one burger, one baguette sandwich, one cheese & olive bread, and one chocolate croissant later, we headed home. The burger was a sad, sad sight. No taste-test and no photos on my end. The donuts, which I had heard some people rave about, saying they were just like donuts in the United States, were NOT just like donuts from the United States. They were good, but they weren't authentic donuts.


The baguette sandwich, cheese & olive bread and chocolate croissant, however, were AMAZING. And, the girl who was working there (who I assume is the owner) is actually French! What a pleasant, authentic surprise! I can't believe we have such a darling, delicious French bakery so close to home!



Do you ever walk around the town or city where you live and discover things you never knew existed before?

30 comments:

  1. In South Plainfield? No! BTW...love the sweater, tunic, poncho thing.......and the sunglasses, very chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe it's taken me so long to wear both that sweater/tunic and the sunglasses! I think it's time you bring the trend to South Plainfield!

      Delete
  2. Mmm love me some food research. And go your brother, that cape thing is gorgeous. I love that it's not overly voluminous, but more sleek and casual. And the tassels! Oh, my favorite part. And I'm kind of the same as you about sunglasses. I love them, but I can never really find a flattering shape for my face. The struggle is real.

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I are both foodies, plus we have our own restaurant, so food research is always at the top of our list of things to do on our days off!
      I can't believe it's taken me this long to wear the cape/tunic/sweater! I think I never wanted to wear it before because I was heavier and I felt like that sweater would make me look bigger. I actually just found a dupe for the sweater on Free People! They have on in the same ivory color and also one in a camel color (which I think is even more gorgeous!)
      I'm really trying to make an effort with wearing sunglasses because as the years go on, more fine lines seem to keep appearing around my eyes!

      Delete
  3. your chunky knit tunic is so unique! It is an awesome addition to your look :)

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM
    (IG: @TheStardustBohemian)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sera! I think it definitely completes the outfit!

      Delete
  4. The tunic is niiice :)

    Bisous from France,
    Sand.

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    http://photosfrench.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to create more looks with it!

      Delete
  5. i love this! and yes, i love when that happens. i found this secret park a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elle!
      Finding a quiet oasis among a city of chaos is SUCH a wonderful surprise! I bet you go to that park all the time now!

      Delete
  6. beautiful outfit!:) I love the denim shirt!

    www.Lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you chunky knitted poncho/sleevless sweater, the fact that noone knows what it is exactly makes it even more interesting and intruiging piece, don't you think?
    Here in Salta I can't get those kind of donuts (neither "authentic" nor "almost authentic" American donuts, lol) The one in the photo looks cute, tho!
    Have a wodnerful week ahead, dear!!

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make it more of an interesting piece, doesn't it? Also, I don't believe my brother even got it from a store, but rather a street vendor...that certainly adds to the unique factor as well!

      Hope you have a great week too, Deb! xx

      Delete
  8. So cozy and pretty knitted poncho!
    xx Elle

    New outfit post up on:

    www.cherryblossomstreet.com - Swedish Fashion blogger and Model in TOKYO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elle! I'm currently crocheting another cape/poncho for myself so I have two, but I don't think I'll be finished before winter. :-/

      Delete
  9. Such nice and creative blog post, I truly enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maja! Glad you liked the post!

      Delete
  10. i feel like that often.. we so often overlook our own neighborhoods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely something we are all guilty of! It's amazing what we can find we we open our eyes a little bit! And it usually turns out that whatever we found was under our nose the entire time!

      Delete
  11. love the outfit...and yummm...
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not sure what I love more....fashion or food?

      Delete
  12. Nice Inspirations

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an interesting wrap... and so versatile! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalia! It also has buttons up the sides, so you can wear it not only as a cape, but as more of a tunic, too!

      Delete
  14. That baguette sandwich looks amazing! And I love that your brother was such a visionary! You look great in those sunglasses Tomas got you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since discovering that bakery last Monday, I've been back 3 times. Everything is just SO good. Today I had a chocolate croissant and some brioche for my afternoon snack. The addiction is getting a bit out of hand haha
      And thanks for the positive feedback on the sunglasses! Makes me want to wear them more!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)