Thursday, June 4, 2015

Current Haircare Regimen


I know I promised this updated haircare regimen post a few weeks ago, but as the saying goes, promises are made to be broken, right? Or is it rules are made to be broken? Anyway, please forgive me! I hope you can discover some new & interesting haircare products in this post, and also learn which products I'm currently using that aren't worth spending your money on!

Let's start with the basics...


For as long as I can remember, I've always kept at least two different shampoos in my shower. I like to alternate depending on how my hair is "feeling" that day. It's also better not to let your hair get used to one shampoo because then it can leave it looking dull, almost as if your hair becomes immune to the shampoo's benefits.

What I'm using now: The Basics

L'OREAL EverPure Sulfate-Free Moisture Shampoo - Love me some sulfate-free shampoo. I try to use sulfate-free shampoos as much as I can, and I think my hair is appreciative of that. This shampoo has more of a creamy consistency and is targeted at helping out dried locks. I really like this shampoo for my hair, which tends to be on the drier side, and the rosemary-mint scent is an added bonus! I also bought the conditioner to go with it, but have since used it all up. I don't plan on repurchasing the conditioner though. I prefer my conditioners to be super thick and hydrating, and the EverPure Moisture Conditioner was just a bit too light for my liking, which is why I went through the bottle so quickly. I felt like I had to use A LOT of product to get the result (smooth, soft hair) I was looking for.

Dove Hair Therapy Oleo Nutricion Conditioner - How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
1.) This conditioner is super thick and creamy leaving your hair looking LUSCIOUS. Every time I use this conditioner I notice the drastic difference in my hair. And, even though it is super moisturizing, it does not weigh my hair down or leave it looking greasy.
2.) The scent.....oh, the scent! This conditioner smells beautiful AND the scent actually lingers in your hair for quite a while (perfect for those who only like to wash their hair a couple of times a week....like me)!
3.) This is my second bottle of this conditioner (I took a bit of a hiatus in between bottles). I plan to take another break when I am done with this one, giving my hair just enough time to miss it and go running back for more, figuratively speaking of course. I don't run and neither does my hair.
One last thing to note: I have used the shampoo. I did love it, BUT it's not sulfate-free. Needless to say, I'm having a moral dilemma about repurchasing it even though it was amazing.

Klorane Shampooing a la chamomille (In the US you might know it as "Shampoo with Chamomile") - Whenever I use Klorane products I feel fancy. Not only are they imported, they are imported from France. Need I say more? I must also add that Klorane products go for about half the price in Argentina than they sell for in the United States. Finally, I've found something that is cheaper in this country and I'm going to shout it from the mountain tops! As for this particular formula of shampoo....I'm not the biggest fan. I have used other Klorane products before that I have preferred. Not to say that this is a bad shampoo, I mean it cleans my hair and leaves it looking nice, but it doesn't "illuminate" my blonde tones as it claims to do. Although, do chamomile shampoos ever work for blonde hair? I feel like the formula is just not as effective as those violet shampoos formulated for blondes. I'm sure you can guess what my next shampoo purchase will be.....a violet shampoo. Anyone have any stellar recommendations for me?!

Klorane Apres-shampooing creme a la chamomille - The conditioner that goes along with the Klorane Chamomile shampoo. I have the same feelings about this conditioner as I do for the L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Conditioner: Not thick & creamy enough. I don't feel that this conditioner gives my hair the moisture it needs, and I will not be repurchasing. I did, however, see a Klorane Hair Mask with Desert Date in the window of the pharmacy the other day that looks very promising.


What I'm using now: Special Treatments

Bumble and bumble Mending Mask - Keeping a hair mask in your shower is essential. Your hair deserves a treat once a week, but this mask is not it. :-(
I first purchased this mask years ago. Honestly, I can't remember if I liked it or not, which is probably why I bought it again. I was in the market for a hair mask, had a gift certificate to Sephora and decided that a high-end hair mask was what I needed. While this mask does have that thick & creamy consistency that I like, it really does not quench my hair! It's almost as if the mask is so thick that it doesn't absorb into the hair. Honestly, I don't know what it is, but I'm not a fan. Right now I'm just focused on using up the tube so I can go and buy a hair mask that is hopefully better (and a little bit cheaper would be nice, too!)

Weleda Revitalizing Hair Tonic - I've used similar potions in the past that are supposed to stimulate the scalp, add volume and strengthen your hair, and I seem to get on well with them! An all natural haircare product made with rosemary oil, this tonic leaves your scalp & hair feeling fresh. I do find that these hair & scalp treatments can leave your scalp feeling a bit dry, but at the same time that means you can go longer in between hair washings because your scalp doesn't get greasy! Weleda is another brand imported from France (they also make some of their products in Switzerland and Germany) that is also cheaper in Argentina than it is in the US. Winning! My only complaint about this product is that I wish it came in a spray bottle. The way the bottle is contstructed now, a lot of product tends to comes out at once, usually more than I want or need, making me go through the bottle pretty quickly.

The Body Shop Moringa Beautifying Oil- This was an "airport anxiety" purchase. I always go shopping, guilt-free, while I am waiting at the airport. Basically, I go shopping for medicinal purposes. This oil can be used on the hair, face or body. I choose to use the oil on my hair, massaging it into the ends after a take a shower. The scent is strong, but beautiful. I always feel extra feminine when I use this floral oil in my hair. This is a great alternative to using the very expensive Morrocan Oil on your hair.  $14.00 USD vs $43.00 USD . I'll take the Moringa Beautifying Oil anyday!

What are you currently using to care for your hair?

18 comments:

  1. I love Weleda, too - quite a few of their products, actually. Funnily enough, I always thought of it as a Swiss brand, never realised that they moved to France. :) Thanks for sharing your favourites! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you tried the moroccan oil mask? it's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice :) Enjoy the weekend!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the L'oreal sulfate free line!! I cycle in and out of their shampoo/conditioner to give my hair a break too. I've been using it for the past 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! Great products!

    http://www.adelaacanski.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. that body shop moringa oil sounds very interesting

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great products, they sounds amazing for your hair <3

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh love all of these. Need to try it out soon!
    Have a great week dear!

    xx The Girl in the Bunny Ears
    ZHANGPASI.com/girlinthebunnyears

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your hair regimen. You make use of such great products.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg I feel bad for my hair now! I loved this post and it made me realize that maybe I should pay more attention to haircare in general, as well as the ingredients of the products I buy. I tend to be very lazy when it comes to my hair and believe me, that's not something I'm proud of. I'm VERY tempted to try the Dove Hair Therapy Oleo Nutricion Conditioner and start getting a haircare routine little by little. Thanks for sharing Chrystin! <3
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look like great products! Thanks for sharing!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  12. they look like great products. thanks for your tips.ciao gloria
    Gloriadressup

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your post, thanks for sharing
    follow for follow?:)

    xoxo
    http://hilarynirvana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post!

    http://www.adelaacanski.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these products ;) On my French blog: "how to straighten your hair and eat Strawberries Tagada at the same time"

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i don't look after my hair as much as i should but i really want to try bumble & bumble!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)